What a great week it has been! We had an awesome turn out for our Fall Conference that was co-hosted with the Kansas 911 Coordinating Council. The conference committee did a fantastic job bringing us great training and social networking opportunities.
Some highlights of our time in Salina:
- Monday training and meetings
- Monday night social with games, snacks and good conversations
- Keynote Speaker Nathan Lee from the Denise Amber Lee Foundation on Tuesday.
- Our Tuesday lunch time entertainment was Trooper Ben from the Kansas Highway Patrol. Educating us on his experience as one of the “Tweeting Troopers”.
- Many great breakout sessions Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon.
- Tuesday night banquet where we honored our newest Kansas Life Member, Elizabeth Phillips. We followed our meal with some entertainment by a comedic magician.
- Lots of great prizes that were donated to our event.
- Wednesday we followed up with more great classes to include Tai Chai for dispatchers, responder to responder training brought to us by the 10-33 Foundation.
- After lunch on Wednesday we had more breakout classes and our Fall APCO Board of Officers Election where our Treasurer Lori Alexander was re-elected and Marie Athearn became our new 2nd Vice President for 2019.
- Our biggest prize of the conference was a 39 inch tv won by Derek Schmidt.
We had 141 attendees and 51 of them were brand new to our conference.
Please check out our Facebook page for pictures and posts throughout the event.
We can’t thank our Committee members, sponsors and instructors enough for all that they do to make this happen. We can’t wait to see you all again in the Spring!
Spring 2019 Conference will be held April 1st-3rd, 2019 at the Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane. A committee is currently being formed to assist with this conference. Please contact the 1st or 2nd vice president to sign up for the committee.
Thank you all for coming!