Good afternoon – First off “Happy New Year!” from the Kansas APCO Board! It’s been awhile since we have chatted.
I would like to give you an update on our Spring 2021 Conference on behalf of the APCO Board. As you all know, Covid is still running strong in Kansas, therefore we have changed our Spring Conference to virtual again. This will be a little different than last time so here is the rundown for right now:
- Call for Papers is now open and you can put in your request at https://form.jotform.com/203074720448048. We are looking for 8 instructors that will be willing to do a recording of their presentation of about 50 minutes long. We also will need permission to be able to share this with our attendees virtually.
- This will be a 1-day event in April. We are still working on the exact date with the virtual platform.
- We will not have a commercial exhibition hall for this conference but we will push the commercial partner exhibition hall to the Fall Conference (we are truly hoping to be in person by then).
- Our Keynote Speaker is Halcyon Frank from The Dispatch Lab. She will do 4 tracks for us in the morning. “The Power of the Encouraging Moment” will be one of Ms. Frank’s presentations. If you are a fan of the 911nder Women group, you will know her.
- We still need you to submit your Telecommunicator of the year awards! We will celebrate the winners in the Fall but with APCO International awards timeline, we need to keep our submissions coming in the Spring. The deadline for this is March 1st from the 2020 year.
- This will be a 100% FREE training to everyone. We will not have any swag bags this time. This is going to be a 1-day jam-packed training with some great speakers!
- You will not need to pre-enroll. We will share a login link for you when it’s close to time for the conference and you can log in through that link. We will give more details as we get closer.
Last, but certainly not least, we want to make you aware that we have a new Treasurer for the Chapter. Lori is very busy with the Council and her responsibilities there that she felt best to let it go to someone else. Brandy Grassl, from Labette County, was willing to be appointed to the position to finish out Lori’s term. We appreciate Lori’s time and effort she has put into the Kansas APCO Chapter over the last 4 years. We also welcome Brandy to our group and we know she will do great things for the Chapter.
I know that was a lot of information but I don’t want to annoy you with multiple posts to get it all out to you. I have attached the flyers for the call for papers and spring conference information to share with your peers.
We are working on setting dates for the Fall Conference in Manhattan (we truly hope). We will keep you in the loop.
Have a great week!
Becky (Chapter Secretary)
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.